Friday, June 29, 2012

Strawberry Margarita Pitcher and ZOYA “Alegra” with L’OREAL “L’Orange” Accent

Happy Weekend! What a long week! I am so ready for my vacation. I’m leaving tonight to go to my Aunt’s house and early errrallllllllyyyy Saturday morning we’re driving up to her cabin in Georgia for the Fourth of July week! I’m so excited! I’m bringing a bunch of polish to keep me and her goddaughter entertained, but I might miss next week’s post, so I apologize in advance :( This week’s drink is definitely for a crowd – perfect for a Fourth of July party? I think yes! A pitcher of Strawberry Margaritas – who wouldn’t love it?

You’ll Need:

1 (12 oz.) Can Frozen Limeade
12 oz. Champagne
8 oz. Sauza Blanco Tequila (I couldn’t find Blanco, so I used Silver)
4 oz. DeKuyper Strawberry Liqueur
12 oz. Water
Ice

Make It!

Pour limeade into pitcher.
Fill limeade can with champagne and pour into pitcher.
Then fill can 2/3 full of tequila and 1/3 full with liqueur and pour in.
Add one can of water and stir.
Serves nine.

The recipe calls for ice IN the pitcher, but if you don’t drink it fast enough, it melts and gets all watered down and that’s a big no-no. I always put the ice in my individual margarita glass. I absolutely LOVE this recipe. I love the champagne, I love the tequila, I love the strawberry. And as a bonus, you still have extra champagne left over, so you can pregame before you serve the drinks lol


ZOYA Alegra with L’OREAL L’Orange Accent
WHAT?! No patriotic nails for the 4th?! Sorry sorry sorry! I do my manis a week in advance and didn’t want to look like I don’t know how to read a calendar. I will do Red, White, and Blue while I’m in Georgia and at least TRY to have a decent post for you next weekend – no guarantees though, because service sucks up in the mountains and I don’t know if there’s WIFI. I might die! So anywho, my nails this week were inspired by my “slut dress” I bought last Friday. I went to my boss’ high school reunion pre-party and completely fell in love with this thing! It’s white, pink, and orange.


I like ZOYA, but it kind of annoys me that most of their polishes that I find have shimmer in them. This Alegra is very pretty though. It’s kind of a violet-red (imagine your old Crayola crayons) with shimmer in it. It went on perfectly in two coats and dried at a reasonable speed. Like I’ve said in my previous post with L’OREAL’s Now You Sea Me, I really love this brand. L’OREAL L’Orange is almost a jelly – it went on in two coats and I can still kind of see through it. It looks realy bright in the bottle, but darkens up a bit when dry.

Have a great weekend and a safe Fourth of July! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment