Friday, September 14, 2012

Sweet Red Sangria and Revlon Peachy


Happy Friday!  I have a yum-yum in the tum-tum Red Sangria recipe for you today!  Also one of my new favorite polishes, Revlon Peachy that you got a preview of on Monday :)

So, last Friday I was majorly craving some sangria.  I LOOOOVE Applebee’s recipe, and I think this is sort of similar.  (This is a by-the-glass recipe, not a pitcher’s worth.)

You’ll Need:
Red Wine (Barefoot Sweet Red is my all-time favorite)
Cranberry Juice
OJ (I accidentally bought pineapple-OJ, but it’s still delish)
Peach Schnapps
3-4 Mint Leaves, muddled
Ice Cubes (if ingredients aren’t already cold)

Make It!
Gently muddle the mint leaves in your wine glass.  Fill glass a little more than half way full with wine.  Add a splash of cranberry and OJ.  Add one good glug of Schnapps.  Add a few ice cubes. 

Revlon Peachy Mani with a Hard Candy Matte Topcoat
Behold!!  All the beauteousness of Revlon Peachy!! 
Two coats Revlon Peachy
(outdoor light)
Two coats Revlon Peachy(outdoor light)
A while ago I saw this manicure on Pinterest and was DYING to find the perfect pink/orange/coral/peach polish.  The one shown on her blog is NYX Naked Pink.  I can’t find that brand, but this Revlon looks pretty darn close to me!  The pictures I took above make it look a little more orange than it actually is.  The bottle shot is a little more accurate to the true color.
L: Hard Candy Matte Topcoat (one is up for grabs with my FB giveaway)
R: Revlon Peachy
I don’t know why I haven’t bought Revlon polish before now.  I kind of always thought it was an “old lady” polish because my mom used to have it when I was little (I guess I should say “grown up” polish, because I’M NOT AN OLD LADY – I don’t really want to be a grown up either, but it’s better than “old”).  Anyways, the formula is really great and they actually have a lot of pretty colors (flashback to my mom’s reds and flesh-tone polishes from when I was five and wanted bright pinks).  Also they have some cool glitter polishes – both jelly and cream formulas.  I have Scandalous(black jelly with purple glitter) and Popular (light cream pink with silver glitter) that I can’t wait to swatch!  As you see, it is "top speed' quick dry.  Yes, yes it is.  Perfect for my impatient little self! :)  It was almost perfect with one coat.  Two made it even better.  

I hadn't used my matte topcoat in forever, so I decided to slap in on top of this.  If you haven't used matte polish before, beware.  It kinda sucks =\  If you don't let it dry completely before applying another coat, it gets super globby, pulls, and makes ugly ridges.  BUT, on the plus side, it also dries quickly!

Two coats Revlon Peachy; Two coats Matte Topcoat
(outdoor light)
Two coats Revlon Peachy; Two coats Matte Topcoat
(outdoor light)
Two coats Revlon Peachy; Two coats Matte Topcoat
(outdoor light)
Two coats Revlon Peachy; Two coats Matte Topcoat
(indoor light)

Have a hapy weekend! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I’ve nominated you for a Liebster Award because your blog is great! http://thesilvernail.wordpress.com/2012/09/15/its-nice-to-be-noticed/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have nominated you for a Liebster! Hehe! Heres my post on it:
    http://dulllikeglitter.blogspot.com/2012/09/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete