Friday, October 26, 2012

Key West Cocktail and The Hungry Asian's "Sea Creature"

Happy Friday!  Today I have a yummy twist on a vodka-cran and a super glittery indie polish made by The Hungry Asian.  I started out drinking this as a joke because this guy I was talking to would ALWAYS order vodka-crans, which, hello, are girly drinks!  But anyways, I started drinking them as a joke with my boss and then we actually really started to like them.

You’ll Need:
Vodka
Cranberry Juice
5-8 Mint Leaves
Ice

Make It!
Muddle the mint in a glass, add ice, vodka, and cranberry.  Yum!  It’s KINDA like a festive holiday drink…cranberry, mint, red, green…?  Ehh its tasty anyways!

Essie No More Film and The Hungry Asian Sea Creature
I’m getting SOO obsessed with indies lately, its sucking the money right out of my bank account!  I usually go to Etsy to look for random things whenever I’m bored and with my love of all things nautical, I always end up looking at some anchor or octopus thing.  Well imagine my surprise when I saw this cute little bottle of Sea Creature on my screen!  I wasn’t even looking for nail polish, so I figured it had to be a sign from the Polish Gods that I needed this stuff!  I’m so glad I bought it – ahh!  I’ve never gotten so many compliments on polish before.




blurred to show glittery goodness
I've posted about No More Film before (here and here), so I won’t go in to huge detail again, but it’s basically the best polish evarrrr!  One coat wonder and the prettiest purple/blue/ink/indigo color.  It makes perfect undies for Sea Creature, which is PACKED with micro green, small turquoise hex, and just a hint of magenta square and silver holo hex (I THINK there might be some black – or very dark blue hex in there too).  It would have been fine to do only one coat of glitter, but more is always better, so I did two.  Then I used a Revlon fast dry topcoat.  It was only the slightest bit gritty, but I didn't feel like doing another clear coat, so I didn't and it didn't bother me at all.  Great polish, I didn't have any application issues and it lasted me all week, just wore off a little on the tips, which I’m gonna blame on doing the dishes every night! 






Check out The Hungry Asian’s Etsy shop!  I can’t wait to order Belle and Mint Condition (after payday of course lol)!  Minis go for $4.50; full sized are $9.25.

Don’t forget about my giveaway (for my instagram followers only)!  It ends October 31 at 7pm EST!  Here’s a link to my post with all the details.  You still have a couple days left to enter! 

Have a great weekend lovelies and slut it up if you’re goin out for any Halloween parties!! ;P



(this is for the dude! ;P)

No comments:

Post a Comment