Friday, October 19, 2012

Pink Mani for Breast Cancer Awareness


Well, with it being October and all, I figured I had to at least do one pink mani for breast cancer awareness.  No super special drink this time, just some wine that I've been trying forever to find.

This week’s drink is from one of my favorite brands.  Okay, it’s the only brand I buy.  Barefoot.  In my love of all things sweet to drink, of course moscato is my favorite kind of wine.  I had heard rumors that there was such a thing as red moscato and I've wanted to try it out forever.  I had seen another brand with it but I was skeptical because it wasn't my brand.  Welp, sometimes patience DOES pay off.  One day as I was moseyin’ through the wine section in Target, I saw it – Red Moscato – on sale no less.  It was like a sign or something.  So I scooped up a bottle and merrily skipped to the nail polish aisle.  Just kidding.  No matter how happy I was, there is no way you can get me to skip in public.  Anywho, I think I psyched myself up for it to be the best tasting wine I've ever had because I waited so long for it.  It was pretty good, but I actually prefer the regular moscato. 

Pink Mani
L-->R: Lush Lacquer Pink Panther, Essie Mod Square, Essie French Affair
This is one of my all-time favorite pinks; Essie French Affair.  It’s SO girly and cute.  I barely ever use it because I don’t want to run out.  On the accent nail is Essie Mod Square.  I don’t know what was up with the polish because it got all bubbly.  I think I didn't wash the drying drops all the way off.  Other than that, there were no issues.  Two coats for full coverage.  Over the top is one coat of Lush Lacquer’s Pink Panther. Their formula is a little thick, but I didn't put a topcoat on and it didn't feel all sandy like some glitters do. 






Pink Panther has a clear base with large white hex, medium white and black hex, and a mix of smaller white, pink matte and shiny pink glitters.  

I've heard mixed reviews about Lush Lacquer.  I personally like the polish so far, although it did take a fair amount of time (I want to say almost two weeks) to get my polish.  I ordered the choose three minis for $14.25 (+$3.75 shipping = $18 total).  In addition to Pink Panther, I also bought Party Rockin' and Hottie Tottie (they must be out, I couldn't find it in their shop). 

You can visit Lush Lacquer's Etsy or check out their Facebook.








2 comments: