Friday, October 5, 2012

Radioactive Martini and a butterLONDON Mani

Sorry for the later than usual post!  Keeping with my Halloween inspired posts for October, I have a festive martini for you (since my mani isn’t Halloween-y).  It’s a little twist on my Apple-Tini.  Since I have a lot of pineapple juice left from my Malibu Red drink – which is still one of my favorites – I wanted to add that to my martini.  It turned out so delicious and as a plus, it looks spooky! :)

You’ll Need:
Vodka
Apple Mixer
Pineapple Juice
Ice
Sugar for the rim (if you wanna be fancy-schmancy)

Make It!
In a shaker, add ice, three parts vodka, two parts apple mixer, and one part pineapple juice.  Shake and strain into your glass.  Whew.  THAT was a hard one!  Looks like its glowing green, ehh?? 



I didn’t feel like looking like Miss White Trash Class drinking in my garage out of a martini glass – although I HAVE done it before – so I used this glass instead.  It’s also bigger than a martini glass, so it can fit more vodka!  Always a plus. 

butterLONDON All Hail the Queen and Wallis Manicure
I finally got all my bL polish from Ulta (the BOGO deal – snagged four for $28…I think) and the Coterie deal (three and a topcoat for $11) yeah, pretty amazeballz. 

I lahhhved All Hail the Queen right away and just HAD to use it.  Originally I did my accent nail with just Essie Smokin' Hot, but then I wanted Wallis too, so I slapped that on top.




 All Hail the Queen is a nude color BUT it has schaweeet fine holo shimmer.  It was super classy and really pretty. Wallis ahh how to describe this one…I don’t like it without undies.  I think it looks like gross swamp water.  The base is a brown-blackish-greeny weirdness.  The gold shimmer is gorgeous though.  I think of Tyra saying its ‘Ugly-Pretty’ like she did on ANTM one time lol.  It looks best over a dark color.  I’ll have to experiment with other colors under it.  I think it looks great with this Essie though.





These are my first butterLONDONs and I’m happy with them overall.  The formula held up okay – I did my nails Saturday then washed my car on Sunday and only had two tiny casualties.  However, it started chipping by Wednesday. ;(  I didn’t have any application issues.  I originally did two coats, but then I added another one after I washed my car.  No topcoats. 

Here are all the bLs I got:
L->R: Trout Pout, Slapper,
Knackered,
and Henley Regatta 
(from the Ulta BOGO deal)

L->R: All Hail The Queen, Wallis,
Bluey
 and a Hardwear Topcoat
(from Coterie)
Thank you to all my Facebook Likers!!  I finally broke the 100 mark – and now I’m pretty close to 150!  I have already held my giveaway and will be mailing out the prizes tomorrow!  I will be doing another giveaway probably around November or December.  I think on my instagram this time (@TipsyTipsNailsandCocktails) if you don’t already follow me on there. 

Oh, and if you’re like WTF is Coterie?!!  I have linked the website here.  I’m not sure if you still need a super-secret code to get in, but if you do, I used OBSESSEDVIP.

Happy weekend lovelies!  See you Wednesday(ish?) for my next Halloween mani post!

No comments:

Post a Comment