Friday, October 12, 2012

Sweet Tea Lemonade and Sparkly Halloween Nails



Happy Friday Lovelies!!  Hope y’all had a good week.  If you got Monday off, I’m super jealous of you!  Anywho, today I have an alcoholic twist on an Arnold Palmer and a sparkly GLOWING mani for you!

Being from South Florida, I loooove me some sweet tea.  Now, not so South that everyone is speaking Spanish – I’m like a Northern-Southerner.  If this doesn’t make sense to you, you clearly have never been to Florida.  (The more North you go in Florida, the more “Southern” it gets.  The more South you go, the more “Cuban” it gets.  I’m just East of Lake Okeechobee, so I consider myself Semi-Southern :)  Enough of my mini geography lesson.  On to the drink! 

You’ll Need:
Sweet Tea Vodka (I bought Burnette’s, but I’ve heard Firefly is also a great brand)
Lemonade
Ice

Make It!
Cup.  Ice.  Half lemonade, half vodka. 

I was introduced to this great drink that one time I talked about on Peanut Island when I had all the Jell-O shots (I still remember this part, amazingly).  Be very careful.  You really really really can’t taste the alcohol.  I drank three before I realized that the “sweet tea” was really vodka.  But its crazy good.  If you’re in for a long day/night of drinking maybe scale back the amounts – a lot! Lol

Glow In The Dark Mani with Different Dimension Candied Corn


What’s more festive than glow in the dark nails for Halloween!?  I saw this polish on Etsy a while back and knew I had to have them!  But at $10 for a full sized bottle I said ehhhh and went with three minis for $11 + shipping (I THINK that was the price - when I went back to check, the minis weren't available, must be sold out.  It MIGHT have been $13). Candied Corn is definitely my favorite of the three (others are Ectoplasm and Smashing Pumpkins - see bottle shots below).  It looks like it has a yellow tint to the base, but I’m assuming that is from the glow in the dark stuff, because it dried clear, as you see.  It’s packed with mini white and silver holo squares, orange and matte white small hex AND large white hex (that’s kind of pearly looking).  The only thing bad about this particular polish is it doesn't glow so well.  I stood with my fingers directly under a light for two minutes and it wasn't bright enough to take a picture of :( It glows green.  I did two coats of Sally Hansen Onyx with one coat of Candied Corn then a quick dry topcoat.  A day later I added Ulta’s Ghoul's Night Out but I can't for the life of me get a good picture of it either.  But it is definitely brighter.




It glows!! :D


Check out Different Dimension’s Etsy shop and like them on Facebook!  They’re having an awesome sale one day - Saturday Oct 13 from 12pm EST - Sunday Oct 14 at 12pm EST.  $5 - 24 hour sale!   Great deal for great polish!

OH! Annnnd here is a link to the Coterie website again.  I got a link to share, so if you needed a super-secret code last time, now you don't!

Have a great weekend lovelies! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment