Friday, November 23, 2012

Beachcomber Cocktail and Serum No. 5 Day Glow Polish

Oooh!  It’s Black Friday!  Did y’all camp out and brave the crazies??  If you did....WHY?!!!  haha Today I have for you some awesomesauce polish and a cute little martini called a Beachcomber; as if the separate drink post WASN'T enough?!  Ehh, you deserve it!  Cheers!

You’ll Need:
1 ½ oz White Rum
½ oz Triple Sec
½ oz Lemon Juice
½ oz Grenadine
Sugar (for the rim)
Ice

Make It!
Combine ingredients in a shaker.  Shake and strain into a sugar rimmed glass.

Serum No. 5 Day Glow
Holy crap guys!!  If you like glow in the dark polish, you need this!  Day Glow is a light yellow cream polish that dries matte.  I’m not a huge fan of yellow polish, but the pictures on Etsy of the glow were too much.  I couldn't resist.  As noted in the description, this stuff glows in the SHADE!  It’s that awesome.  I did one coat of Sinful Colors Snow Me White for undies and two coats Day Glow, no topcoat.  This polish glows BRIGHT and long.  I went to see Skyfall over the weekend (I loved it, James Bond dude = HAWTTTT!!) and I had to make a fist to hide my nails because they were kinda distracting.  And they glowed through the entire movie!  Yeah, they were almost all faded, but still.  That’s a long time! 
Glowy goodness!
One coat Sinful Colors Snow Me White (undies);
Two coats Serum No. 5 Day Glow
One coat Sinful Colors Snow Me White (undies);
Two coats Serum No. 5 Day Glow
Hands down beats any other glow polish I've tried so far.  Well, I guess I've only tried the Different Dimension Halloween minis from this post.  But as much as I love DD, Serum No. 5 blows the glow out of the water.  I was going to do a coat of Black Cat Lacquer Paranormal (also glows), but I ran out of time and forgot.  If I could have done anything different, I would have added a topcoat.  The matte feels kinda weird, like slightly gritty.  Nothing too major, but it was really easy to scuff.  Any time I would pick up a paperclip or something, there would be a mark from it.  The marks rub off, but it was just annoying. 
Bottle shot - horrible lighting sorry :(
Anywho, enjoy your Black Friday spoils!  If anyone picked up an iPad, and you want to gift it to me, that’d just be great!  lol

Check out Serum No. 5’s shop on Etsy.  They are restocking Day Glow and are having a 20% off sale from Nov. 23-26 when you use the code GIVETHANKS.  I bought a mini bottle of Day Glow for $5 + $3 shipping.  I’m assuming a full size would go for $12, as that is the price of all the other full sized bottles up for sale now – but don’t quote me! 
Photo credit to Serum No. 5's IG account (@serumno5)
Also if you want to check out Black Cat Lacquer and Different Dimension on Etsy, you won’t be disappointed! 
As usual like everyone [Serum No. 5, Black Cat Lacquer, & Different Dimension] on Facebook!

*-*-*-*
Like Tipsy Tips * Nails & Cocktails on Facebook.
Follow my other blog Nauti Mermaid Lacquer for announcements/progress on my very own indie polish.  New post up as of Wednesday night!  Preview of two of my babies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment