Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wasted Wednesday! What the Fack!?

Today's Wasted Wednesday is slightly different.  No drink recipe, just some weird, horrifyingly awesome thing.

As some of you know, my boyfriend recently deployed to Japan.  He sent me this picture Monday morning:

WHAT.  THE.  HELL!?!  I need this badassery in my lifeeeeee!!
He told me I should put it up as some random fact, but I thought that since we are in the midst of 12 Days of Cocktails, ya alcoholics can do with something cool instead of a W.W. post ;P

This is Habushu.  It's a kind of Japanese sake made in Okinawa.  The snake is a Japanese pit viper called a habu snake (similar to copperheads in the U.S.).  
To learn how they get the snake in there, read this Wikipedia article (it might be kinda gross if you're squeamish, be warned).

This would make a much better birthday present than the previously discussed running shoes...cough cough!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment