Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Cranberry Smashed and Tiffany’s Nails


Hey y’all! I hope everyone had a great week. I know I’m glad it’s almost the weekend!  My Drink of the Week (I guess I should change it to Weekend) is called a Cranberry Smashed – it’s a twist on the regular vodka-cranberry.

You’ll Need:
·         Vodka
·         Cranberry Juice
·         Ginger Ale
·         Ice

Make It!
(Pretty self-explanatory guys…I shouldn’t need to say, but here ya go!) Put the ice in the cup, add the vodka (a few glugs – you be the judge), then fill the rest of the cup with ½ cranberry and ½ ginger ale. 

I like this drink because the ginger ale tones down the sour of the cranberry…and I just like fizzy drinks! :)





Tiffany’s Nails

First I applied the Seche Clear basecoat (pictured in my previous “Weekend Haul” post) because I will be putting glitter polish on (which, as you may already know, is incredibly hard to remove).  I heard it was the best basecoat and that you can practically peel the glitter off when you’re ready to take it off – we shall see!

After that was dry, I applied two coats of China Glaze For Audrey.  I hadn’t planned on doing anything special with this manicure, I was just going to leave them plain since I did the nail art last week….but I got a crazyyyy idea.  This stuff looks JUST like a Tiffany’s box! So, what else would I do but add some silver sparkle (Essie Shine Of The Times) and a little white bow stamp?  It just made sense guys! :)  After everything, I finished it off with a topcoat so the bow stamp would last longer.

Two Coats China Glaze For Audrey
Two Coats China Glaze For Audrey, Konad Bow Stamp,
and One Coat Essie Set In Stones


Close Up - kinda blurry - sorry!


Now, as freakin amazeballs as they look, I am NOT happy with this China Glaze polish…AT ALL!!  It was so gloopy and thick.  It took F O R E V E R to completely dry before I could stamp the bows and put the glitter coat on.  It got a million bubbles once it did finally dry, so my nails are all bumpy (most annoying thing ever!  I’m really OCD about bumps/bubbles/smudges/chips etc.).  Speaking of chips, two of my nails chipped the next day.  I have never had polish chip on me that fast.  Maybe it was the Seche basecoat, because I really did peel half of my thumbnail’s polish off.  I will give it another try because I’m seriously in love with this color, but if it does the same thing again, I’m going to be really disappointed.  This was my first time using China Glaze (as a “regular” polish – I have the crackle stuff, which honestly has the best crackle effect I’ve found so far), so it was a double bummer for me.  Maybe I just got a bad bottle…who knows?? :(




TELL ME!  Did you try my drink? How was it?  What are your thoughts on China Glaze polishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment