Saturday, June 2, 2012

Giligan's Island and Summer Nails

Happy Weekend!  I'm sorry I've been slacking so bad on these posts!  Goodness.  This weekend's drink is called a Gilligan's Island.

You'll Need

  • Vodka
  • OJ
  • Cranberry Juice
  • Peach Schnapps
  • Ice

Make It!

Pour some (a lot..?) vodka in a large glass.  Add half as much schnapps, then a little OJ and cranberry.  This drink was really good!  Even though I added too much OJ at first, it was really refreshing.  I love peach flavored anything so this was right up my alley.  Random side note - when it sat for a little bit, it started to taste like Snapple peach tea, so if you like that, this is similar!  I didn't bother taking a pic this time, it doesn't look like anything but a glass of OJ.

Summer Nails

I started out wanting to try a "Jelly Sandwich" (paint a see-through color as a base, then glitter, then the same color over top of the glitter so it looks "trapped"), BUT it was Memorial weekend so we went to visit my grandparents and I was too busy to finish.

F -> B: Spoiled Pet My Peacock, Confetti Blue Bombshell
Milani Yellow Whiz

One Coat of Confetti Blue Bombshell, two coats Spoiled
Pet My Peacock, and two coats Milani Yellow Whiz
 I'm really surprised how awesome these polishes were.  I'm always skeptical when I see "fast dry" polishes (the Milani was High Speed Fast Dry one coat formula)...but this stuff was great!  It really was good in one coat, but I smudged it twice so I just said EFF it and painted over instead of taking it off.  The Confetti brand wasn't advertised as fast dry, but I think it dried quicker than the Milani.

My little experiment worked - it IS the Seche Clear that makes my polish chip.  These didn't chip or peel.  I still have it on my fingers and the only chips that are there are from me peeling the glitter off when i was bored.  I'll try it out again because maybe it was the formulas for these polishes, but iiiiiii don't think so.

Enjoy your weekend y'all!  I will try my best to have the post up next Friday like usual!!





No comments:

Post a Comment