Monday, August 6, 2012

Apple-Tini and Midnight Jewel Heist


Hello Lovelies!  I’m keeping on track with posting!  Two in a row...woohoo! lol For this weekend I have a majorly yummy (and, hi – majorly ESAY) three ingredient apple martini recipe and a pretty dark and sparkly mani.

My mom always says I drank appletinis way before I was drinking age.  I never did, but I finally found a recipe (really, I should say mixer) she swears I tried before. 

Quick funny story before I get to the recipe – I had my first ever martini when I went to Vegas with my aunt for my 21stBirthday.  We were at a really nice sushi restaurant in one of the hotels and I saw a Lychee-tini on the menu.  I LOVE lychees, so I wanted to try it.  I had NO idea a martini was basically straight vodka, so when this beautiful little glass came to the table I had a huge gulp – and proceeded to choke on it.  My aunt almost peed her pants she was laughing so hard.  Needless to say I was a little afraid of martinis for a while after that. :P

You’ll Need:

Vodka
Apple Mixer (I use Master of Mixes - Sour Apple Martini Mixer; found at Total Wine)
Sugar – optional (I use Stirrings - Apple Martini Rimmer; also at Total Wine)
Ice

Make It!


There is a recipe on the mixer bottle, but it’s two shots of vodka to three shots of mixer.  Dip your glass in water then sugar to coat the rim.  Shake the vodka and mixer and ice in a shaker and pour into the glass.  SIP SLOWLY lol ;)

I love sweet drinks, duh, but I personally think appletinis should be sour.  This mix is the perfect balance.  The sugar I got is also a little tangy.  Yummies!  I want another one just thinking about them now!

***drools***

Midnight Jewel Heist Manicure


Two coats Essie No More Film
Two coats Spoiled Jewelry Heist (tips)


I’m using (drum roll please….) Essie No More Film.  <3 <3 <3  Completely love it and I’ve been trying to think up a manicure where I could use it again.  I bought Spoiled Jewelry Heist a while back when I was on that jelly sammich kick (yes, I will eventually do one of those).  I was originally going to use a pinkish base with it, but I wanted to use No More Film so that’s how this came about. 



You already know how No More Film is from a few posts back.  Went on almost perfect in one coat – I did two just cuz that’s what I always do.  I actually waited a whole day for it to dry before I put the glitter on so it wouldn’t be SO goopy and take thirty million years to completely dry.  Jewelry Heist is such a pretty glitter.  It has tons of hex (I know what this means now!! lol) glitters in gold and light pink, small hex in silver and orange, and tiny square in blue, green, orange and silver.  Every time I would look at it for the first few days I would find a different color. 



As much as I like both of these polishes separately, I’m not sure they make the BEST combo.  It’s kind of hard to see the glitter because No More Film is so dark.  Also, Jewelry Heist is really base-y.  The clear coat is so thick that there is a clear line where I painted it on the bottom half of my nails.  It was difficult to transfer the glitter from the brush to my nail too.  Nonetheless, I’m pretty happy with how they came out.  Anything with this Essie color looks awesome-sauce J

Blurred for effect 

Blurred for effect


Have a great weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment