Thursday, August 2, 2012

Spiked Pineapple OJ and a Glam-icure


Welcome back!  Sorry I’ve been majorly slacking!!  This week’s drink is a delicious and refreshing thirst-quencher!!  Perfect for this ridiculous heat wave we all seem to be going through – blechhh! 

You’ll Need:

OJ
Parrot Bay Pineapple Rum
Ice

Make It!

Glass, two shots of rum, add ice, top with OJ.  Easy-peasy!  :)  Be careful, these sneak up and slam ya.  I totally love them though!  They’re really fruity (of course) and so so good!

Glam-icure with ZOYA Jolene and OPI Metallic 4 Life

Two Coats ZOYA Jolene and OPI Metallic 4 Life
Can I just say – this is my new favorite pink!  SOOO adorable.  It’s not hot pink, not neon, not light pink, but a weird mix of the three.  I’m kinda disappointed with it though.  ZOYA doesn’t seem to like to stick on my nails.  I painted them Sunday, and by Tuesday they were all chippy and worn off on the tips.  I also noticed some “bald” spots on my thumb (after two coats). 

I’ve had my eye on this OPI in Ulta for, like, four months – at least!  I finally broke down and got it.  As much as I hate to admit, it’s from their Nikki Minaj collection.  I don’t know why, but I just can’t stand her and hate that I like the polish so much.  Oh well. 


How-To:

This is glam and so simple!  Three easy steps y’all!

Paint two coats of the base color.  In this case, ZOYA’s Jolene.  Let it dry COMPLETELY before the next step!!
Tape off the corner of your accent nails.  I used Frog Tape – the kind painters use on walls, but you can totally use regular tape. 
Paint the “glam” accent color on (OPI’s Metallic 4 Life).  I used two coats to make it darker since it’s kinda a jelly polish.  Let it dry a little before peeling the tape off for a cleaner line. 

Frog Tape on the Accent Nail

As you see, I’m impatient and didn’t let the base dry all the way so some of the base AND accent peeled off a little when I took the tape off.  I would even suggest letting the base be on your nails for a whole day before putting the accent on.  Then you know its REALLLLLY dry lol








Okay lovies! again I apologize for slacking sooooo much, but hopefully I'm back on track now!  




No comments:

Post a Comment