Thursday, August 30, 2012

Cucumber Melon Cocktail and Ladylike Nails

Hey guys!  I didn’t float away!!  Pretty close though.  We’re still completely flooded from TS Isaac.  Good luck getting down my road without a lifted truck – and even then you’ll have some problems.  While I was battling boredom through our 11 hour power outage (is that the best you got Isaac?!), I had plenty of time to experiment with my mad (drink) mixing skillz.  I made this one up.  It’s called Cucumber-Melon-Get-You-F*cked-Up-Quick.  And of course, while you’re getting effed up, your nails will at least show you’re semi-ladylike ;)

You’ll Need:
Cucumber Vodka (I use Skinny Girl brand from Total Wine – not sure about the price, probably $18ish for 750mL)
Melon Liqueur
Ice
4-5 Mint Leaves
Sugar (for the rim)
Lemon or Lime Juice

Make It!
Wet the glass’ rim and dip in sugar.  Put the mint leaves (and a pinch of sugar) in a glass and muddle.  Add two shots of cucumber vodka, one shot of melon liqueur, and just a squeeze of lemon or lime juice.  Add ice, stir, draaaaank!  **If you’re in for a long day and DON’T wanna get effed up SO quick, Ginger Ale or Sprite are good mixers – you also won’t need to rim with sugar if you use a mixer.  Sorry, forgot to take a picture ;(

Ladylike Manicure with ZOYA Avril and Bow Stamp with OPI I Brake For Manicures

Two coats ZOYA Avril, 
BM-317 bow stamp with OPI I Brake For Manicures, 
Topcoat
ALERT THE MEDIA!! A ZOYA polish I actually LIKE?!!!!  Oh myyyyyyyy!  THISSSSS!! lol okay, sorry, I’ll calm down. Avril, like most of ZOYA’s polish, is adorable.  I have been wanting to use it for a loooong time, but I have sucky luck with the ZOYAs I have.  Welp, this one is a keeper!!  It’s a really soft nude pink color.  Not really baby pink, but more like light pink with a hint of beige.  Two coats and it was perfect.  No bald spots.  AND it didn't start chipping until Thursday.  There were a few bubbles, but I’ll blame that on myself.

ZOYA Avril
Two coats ZOYA Avril

I ordered the Bundle Monster nail stamps (2011 and 2012 sets – so I got fifty stamp plates with six designs on each … that’s three HUNDRED stamp designs guys, I’m gonna be busy!).  It was so hard to pick which design I wanted.  I tried a few that covered the whole nail and they didn’t come out too well – I need some practice.  So I took a baby step and picked a small design – my cute little bow!  It’s from plate BM-317.
Bundle Monster stamping plate BM-317

I was going to stamp with my black Nicole polish, but I think it went bad or something because it was really transparent, I thought it was more creme, but oh well.  Instead, I tried out one of my OPI’s that I got on sale at Ulta a week or so ago.  It’s called I Brake For Manicures.  I can’t wait to paint all my nails with it for fall.  It’s a maroon/brownish color.  At least it looks maroon over this light polish.  We shall see.  I’m surprised they turned out so good after I had so many Cucumber-Melon-Get-You-F*cked-Up-Quick’s lol :P

OPI I Brake For Manicures
Looks more brown in this picture
OPI I Brake For Manicures 
Kinda looks maroonish here


ZOYA Avril
BM-317 bow stamp with OPI I Brake For Manicures
Topcoat



Have a safe Labor Day weekend y’all!  Don’t forget about my Facebook giveaway!  Im still nowhere near 100 “likes”.  Go to my Tipsy Tips * Nails & Cocktails Facebook page here, like, and tell your friends about it!!

Here’s some Tropical Storm Isaac pics from earlier this week.

Skim boarding in the road Monday (8/27)


Surfing in the road Monday (8/27)

More surfing - same day
Neighbor's SUV in the road/our front yard Tuesday (8/28)

Wednesday (8/29) my daddy taking me to work since my baby Scion tC can't make it down the road











No comments:

Post a Comment