Thursday, August 23, 2012

Blue Lemonade and Essie “Armed and Ready”


Hellooooo!  How was everyone’s week?  Glad it’s Friday.  Have I got a yummy (and pretty) drink for you this weekend!  Also, I can tell this Essie is going to be a great Fall color.

You’ll Need:
Vodka
Blue Curacao (I use Mr. Stacks from Total Wine – on sale for $6.99 for 750mL!  That's also where I got my Melon Liqueur & Peach Schnapps for the same price. Had to get stocked up!)
Lemonade (if you haven’t tried the Simply Lemonade yet, I totally recommend it)
Ice

Make it!
Handful of ice in the cup, two parts vodka to one part curacao, fill the rest with lemonade.  IT’S SO PRETTYYYYY!  And tasty!



Essie Armed and Ready with Good as Gold Nail Art
As everyone knows by now, I am obsessed with Essie.  This color adds to my love for the brand.  It’s a dark woodsy olive-ish green with slight gold/bronze/copper shimmer.  Very military-esque.  Lahhh-uhvvvv!  I debated with myself for a while before I actually bought it, but boy I’m glad I finally did.   The first coat was pretty streaky, but by the second coat it looked great.  No streaks or bald spots anywhere. 


Essie Armed and Ready

Essie Armed and Ready

Two coats Essie Armed and Ready 

Two coats Essie Armed and Ready 

While I was picking up my giveaway polishes and goodies, I broke down and bought Essie’s Good as Gold too.  I don’t know why I did, because I think gold nails are tacky, but I guess I can use it for stamping and stuff – or for a little accent like I did here!  I was going to paint little red or neon pink hearts over Armed and Ready, but I decided the color was too dark and the red wouldn’t show very well.  Also, pink would have looked weird over it in my opinion.  So, ding ding ding – gold was the winner. 

Two coats  Essie Armed and Ready
with Essie Good as Gold accent
Two coats  Essie Armed and Ready
with Essie Good as Gold accent and topcoat



I used my dotting tool to make two dots (the top of the heart) and then just connected them with a ‘v’ using the dotting tool as well.  I thought the polish was dry enough after like ten minutes, but of course it wasn’t.  So the heart looks a little globby and lumpy, but ehh its cute anyways. 

Close up: two coats  Essie Armed and Ready
with Essie Good as Gold accent

Bear with me for the next couple weeks while I grow out my nails.  I have kept my nails short for a long time and I finally want to grow them out a bit.  I’m trying to file them in to a square, but the look semi-retarded this week (and probably will for next week too).  I actually broke one in the middle of the week and had to laugh at myself for saying - out loud - AHH I BROKE A NAIL!  lol

Don’t forget to go to my Tipsy Tips * Nails & Cocktails Facebook page and “like” it!  Share it with your friends too!  You know you want to win some free polish and goodies!!


No comments:

Post a Comment