Thursday, August 16, 2012

Glitter Polish Removal!! [Also a Drink and Manicure]


Have you ever seen that e-card that says something about “men will never know the agony of childbirth, cramps, or taking off glitter nail polish”?  Well, we can cross off the polish part now.  They’re still pretty lucky though…

Like most of my horribly terrific (horrifically terrible? terribly horrific?) ideas, I saw this on Pinterest.  I have also seen some of my IG girls post pictures of their “alien fingers”.  I always wanted to know if it worked.  I’ll tell you right now…YES!!  Holy hell! I don’t know why I waited so long to try this!

Take a sheet of tinfoil and divvy it up into ten strips.  Soak a cotton ball in polish remover (I use the non-acetone kind because remover dries out my skin enough as it is) and place it on your nail.  Wrap in tinfoil.  I did one hand at a time because it got hard to maneuver the foil with one hand.  I don’t know, you can try it and see if you’re more skilled than me. 




Sit for five minutes and contemplate life or whatever. 





After five minutes, slide the foil off.  It’s like magic guys!!  It took me ONE COTTON BALL to get the remaining glitter off ALL FIVE of my nails.  So, instead of using 20 cotton balls on one hand like I usually do, I used SIX!!  WHAT?!!  Again.  *~*~*MAGIC*~*~*

Okay, okay.  On to the alcohol.  I’ve been making this drink foreverrrrrrr.  I love it.  Bacardi Big Apple and Ginger Ale.

You’ll Need:
Three ingredients.  Bam.  Done.  Wanna guess what they are??

Bacardi Big Apple
Ginger Ale
Ice

Make It!
Glug, glug, glug - rum, add ice, fill with ginger ale.  Uhhh yum?!


Essie Playa Del Platinum and ZOYA Jancyn

Welp, as you saw on Tuesday’s post, my original manicure for this weekend’s post sucked…hard.  There was no way I was going to leave my nails lookin’ like a hot mess. 

Two coats Essie Playa Del Platinum
Three coats ZOYA Jancyn

I wanted to use the Playa Del Platinum because it’s a super cute nude color.  I work in a law office, so sometimes I feel the need to wear “normal” nail colors.  When I do crazy ones I always get weird looks on the elevator.  Jerks! lol  This polish is really similar to Essie’s Sand Tropez.  So, if you have that color, I wouldn’t bother buying this one also.  Maybe I’ll do a side-by-side comparison one day…I have a lot of colors that are very similar to each other.

Two coats Essie Playa Del Platinum
Three coats ZOYA Jancyn


I did two coats of Essie Playa Del Platinum and three coats of ZOYA Jancyn on the accent nail - no topcoat as usual.  I think I could have done with another coat of the Essie.  There were a few bald spots, but nothing too noticeable.  I don’t know why I keep buying ZOYA.  Well, okay, I do – the colors are soooo pretty!  BUT I honestly can’t stand the polish formula.  AT.  ALL.  With three coats there were still bald spots and you could see the brushstrokes (pictured above).  So annoying!!  However, the ZOYA didn’t chip off at all, while I had a few chips on the Essie.

Have a great weekend y’all! :)  I'm off to Sebastian to visit my grandparents tomorrow :)


No comments:

Post a Comment