Friday, September 28, 2012

Mojito (made with Vodka!?) and O.P.I “ Deutsch You Want Me Baby?”

One more week down!  Since it is officially Fall, I wanted to show you something that seems to be the “in” thing for the season – metallic polish!  Also, I have a mojito recipe made with vodka, because sometimes, rum just makes me really  really mean.

I tried this drink while I was out one day and it was so good!  They called it a “motito” because it was made with Tito’s vodka – great vodka by the way.  I’m almost out of my Red Cup and I think I’ll be buying Tito’s as a replacement.  Anyways, it’s a delish drink for all of you wanting to hold on to summer just a liiiittle longer.

You’ll Need:
Vodka
Mint Leaves
Fresh Lime Wedges
Lime Juice (if you want to make it more lime-y)
Simple Syrup* (Master of Mixes Simple Syrup)
Sprite
Ice

Make It!
Muddle two lime wedges and about 5 mint leaves in a glass.  Add a dash of simple syrup.  Add some vodka; glug glug glug…oh hey what’s that over there?  Oops my glass is half full of vodka!  Usually how my measuring goes.  Fill the rest of the glass with ice then top with Sprite. 

*I also bought lime flavored syrup (its good for margaritas the bottle said) and used it instead of the simple syrup.  It was pretty good.


O.P.I Deutsch You Want Me Baby? 
Apparently the cool thing for Fall is metallics.  My mom bought this for herself and I kinda ended up stealing it from her - shhh!  I don't normally like metallic polish.  I think I have three total, not including the other colors from the collection I'm going to steal from her this weekend lol :)  So anywho this is a very pretty metallic orange that would make an amazeballs color for a Camaro!!





It went on "perfect" in two coats.  I say "perfect" because I could kinda see brush strokes and that annoys me because I'm OCD like that.  I added one more coat the next day to make it even darker (not pictured because I smudged them...of course) =\

Have a great weekend lovelies! 

Don't forget about my 100 Facebook Like giveaway!  Tell your friends to go like my page! If I can get to 100 by the end of the weekend, I will select a second place winner, prize to be determined.  And I'll probably add another polish or two in addition to the ones shown below for the first place winner! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment