Friday, September 21, 2012

Cake Jell-O Shots and Chaos & Crocodiles “Underwater Treasure”


Woohoo another week almost over!  I’ve got a cake vodka Jell-O shot recipe and an awesome indie polish to show y’all.

Now, I didn’t actually make these Jell-O shots, because, like most people, I have had prior terrible experiences with them.  **Flashback to Peanut Island on the boat taking about six Jell-O shots then drinking anything I could get my hands on in the span of about 30 minutes.  Those things hit like a ton of bricks…it was a very long day and night, we’ll just leave it at that.**  Anywho, my IG friend Brianna texts me during the Alabama college football games and tells me to take shots with her every time Alabama gets a TD (since I usually can’t get the game on my TV).  Well, the first time, plain shots didn’t get her hammerfied enough, so she asked me to post a Jell-O shot recipe made with cake vodka.  I went to Pinterest and this is the simplest recipe I came across.  The link to the blog where I got the recipe can be found here, or I just copied and pasted for you below.

You’ll Need:
2/3 cup cream soda
2/3 cup cranberry juice cocktail
1 tbsp heavy cream
2 envelopes plain gelatin*
2/3 cup cake-flavored vodka
Few drops food coloring, if desired
Whipped cream - fresh or store-bought
Sprinkles for garnish

Make It!
Lightly spray the mold with non-stick spray and wipe excess off with a paper towel.  Don't overdo it or the residue will affect the taste of the Jell-O.**  Pour the soda, juice, and cream into a medium saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin on top. Allow the gelatin to soak for 2-3 minutes, then begin to heat on low, stirring constantly until gelatin is fully dissolved (about 5 minutes).  Remove saucepan from heat and add vodka and food coloring.  Pour into molds and chill for several hours, or until set.  Remove from mold, top with whipped cream, and enjoy responsibly!

*The original recipe suggests 2-3 envelopes, depending on how long your Jell-O shots will be left out (more gelatin for more time).

**Her instructions call for those silicone molds that look like cupcakes.  You can use whatever you normally do for Jell-O shots, they just won’t be as cute as her pictures.

Lovely Miss B used only vodka as her liquid and some food coloring.  We strongly advise against this.  In her words:“Very important note to self: use another liquid besides JUST vodka next time.  Jell-O shots should NOT require a chaser”

Brianna's Cake Vodka Jell-O Shots
It's so cute!

Chaos & Crocodlies Underwater Treasure over Revlon Royal
AHH!  This!!  There is so much to look at in this polish!  Little dark and light blue, green, teal, orange and red hex glitter, smaller light blue square, and of course the big round gold meant to look like treasure!  You see something different every time you look at it.  I thought Revlon Royal was a good base color ("undies").  I used two coats of undies and two coats of Underwater Treasure, then two coats of clear - so.much.dry.timeeeee!!  Even with my drying drops.  But I'm the dummy that didn't let each coat dry in between.  I could have gotten away with one coat of the glitter, but as we all know, more glitter = better!! So I slapped a second coat on.  I had no application issues.  It was a little gritty feeling, so that's why I put two coats of clear on, but after that it was nearly perfect.  

This polish was $10.50 a bottle - YIKESSS!  But again, totally worth the money.  Other full size bottles go for $9.75 and minis $4.75.






Awesomesauceballz!  Love love love!  I also ordered Haunted Attraction from Chaos & Crocodiles.  I can't wait til it's October so I can wear it out! :)

Go on over and visit Chaos & Crocodiles' Etsy Shop and like their Facebook Page for updates! 

Let me & Brianna know if you try these Jell-O shots (and actually FOLLOW the recipe)!! We want to know if they're good with the cranberry juice!  Seems like a weird combo - cranberry and cake...??

Have a good weekend lovelies! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment