Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Swatch Tuesday! A Rhyming Dictionary * Betsy Bobbin

So, I know the popular hashtag on IG is #SwatchSunday, but I figured I’d spread my posts out more than just on the weekends.  For my first swatch, I have A Rhyming Dictionary’s Betsy Bobbin

This stuff is so cute!  What really caught my eye were the big black circle glitters in it.  Besides those, Betsy Bobbin is packed with (all matte) micro light and dark pink square, medium orange and green hex, and larger blue hex glitters in a clear base.  LOVE!  I swatched it over O.P.I’s Don’t Pretzel My Buttons.  I wanted to do a nude color for undies to show off the prettiness of all the colors in the polish. 

I had a little problem getting the black circle glitters to come out on the brush.  After each nail, I had to shake up the bottle to try to catch some.  It’s surprisingly runny for the amount of glitter in there.  I used two coats of ARD’s polish over one coat of O.P.I.  Betsy Bobbin has a LONG drying time.  Yes, I am impatient, but even with my drying drops they were still getting smudged/wrinkly after an hour. :(  Definitely a positive; it wasn’t sandy/gritty like most indies with the micro glitter.

I bought Betsy Bobbin from A Rhyming Dictionary’s Etsy shop ($7.50 for a full sized bottle, + shipping).  Make sure to like them on Facebook too! 



(sorry this lighting is SO horrible - I'm in the process of making a real light box)

No comments:

Post a Comment