Friday, January 25, 2013

Pink Grapefruit Margarita and Pink Flower Mani


Hello Loves!  After last night's IG contest drama, this drink is welcome!  Also have a cute pink flower dot mani to go with it.  Girrrrlin' it up for ya ;)
To make a Pink Grapefruit Margarita
You’ll Need:
1 cup Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice
½ cup Lime Juice (about 4 limes if you want fresh)
1 cup Triple Sec or Orange Liqueur
1 cup Silver Tequila
3 cups Ice (if you’re making the frozen version)
Kosher Salt/Sugar (optional for rim)

Make It!
I’ve never been a fan of the frozen margarita.  I’m convinced they put less alcohol in there.  AND, if you’ve ever watched the bartender make them, they leave a quarter of the stuff in the blender!  Rip off!  So anyways, I make mine on the rocks.  This is clearly enough for two or three people.  I highly doubt anyone can drink a cup’s worth of tequila at once…and still keep it together.  Combine all ingredients in a pitcher of some sort.  Rim the glass with salt if desired.  I would make a mix of sugar and salt; personally I think grapefruit juice is really sour and it seeds some sweetness.  Mix and pour into glasses.  Add ice to cup as needed.  DON’T add it to the pitcher, the ice will melt and the drink will get watered down.  If you’re making the frozen version, combine all ingredients in a blender and blend.  Pour into glasses and enjoy!
photo & recipe found on Pinterest; however, the link
contained a virus, so I will not post here.
Pink Flower Mani
Essie French Affair dotted with Sinful Colors 24/7
Essie Watermelon; Accent nail Essie Watermelon topped
with Varnish Vixen Junior Prom
I’m slowly ramping up to attempt the vintage rose nail art.  I’ve been DYING to try it foreverrrrrr, but I’m afraid I’ll screw it up.  I tried the cute little dot-flower technique.  I’m just kinda ehh about it.  I used EssieFrench Affair as the base and Watermelon on the accent.  
Two coats Essie French Affair and Watermelon
Two coats Essie French Affair and Watermelon

I topped Watermelon with Varnish Vixen Junior Prom.  It's a clear base packed with different sized and color hex glitters.  Ya got matte pink, black, and sliver holo.  The flowers are Sinful Colors 24/7 and Essie Watermelon. I used my dotting tools to make four dots, then after they were dry, I dotted the center. 
Essie French Affair dotted with Sinful Colors 24/7 
Essie Watermelon; Accent nail Essie Watermelon topped
with Varnish Vixen Junior Prom
You can find Varnish Vixen’s polish in her Etsy Shop; $8.50 for full sized bottles.  I bought my Essies from Target.

*-*-*-*-*
Follow me on IG @nauti_mermaid
Follow me on Pinterest for my nails, drinks & randomness

No comments:

Post a Comment