Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Swatch Tuesday! Comparison Post

Hello lovelies!  Today I have six swatches for you...all blue!!  I knew I had a few similar colors so I thought I'd compare them.
Essie Butler Please v. Sally Hansen Pacific Blue
Essie Butler Please
I have used this color before, but not on its own (used in this post as undies for Wicked Polish Priapism).  Application was just a little streaky, so I used two coats.  I really love this color!  It's a little less vivid in real life, but it's pretty dang close to this.
Two coats Essie Butler Please
Sally Hansen Pacific Blue
I had seen girls on IG posting how great and perfect this color was.  I would always think it was Essie, but then read the caption and found it was Sally Hansen.  I will say, as much as I LOOOOVE Essie, I think Sally has a better formula.  I only needed one coat, but did two to keep it consistent with Essie's swatch.
Two coats Sally Hansen Pacific Blue
Can you tell the difference?? Here's some bottle shots.
Still can't tell?  Here is Essie Butler Please on my pointer and ring finger.  Sally Hansen Pacific Blue on my middle and pinky.
Two coats Essie Butler Please on pointer and ring;
Two coats Sally Hansen Pacific Blue on middle and pinky
Now can you see?  The Essie is just a fraction of a shade darker.  These are both pretty glossy.  I didn't use a topcoat on either.  

I bought Essie at Target and SH at CVS.

Essie Bobbing for Baubles v. China Glaze First Mate
Essie Bobbing for Baubles
I used this Essie for my birthday mani that I posted on IG.  It's a dark smoky navy blue with just a hint of dark green.  I thought it was perfect with one coat until I cropped the picture and it zoomed in.  There's a little bald spot on my pointer.  Meh.
One coat Essie Bobbing for Baubles
China Glaze First Mate
Sorry, I know I just posted a swatch of this last Tuesday, but oh wellzies.  Quick summary, it's a one coat wonder with great application.
One coat China Glaze First Mate
These obviously have differences when on, but the bottles look pretty close.

Here is Essie Bobbing for Baubles on my pointer and ring; China Glaze First Mate on middle and pinky; no tops.
One coat Essie Bobbing for Baubles on pointer and ring;
One coat China Glaze First Mate on middle and pinky
I bought Essie at Target (the ONLY time I'd seen it in any store - it was the last one) and China Glaze at Sally Beauty Supply.

Essie Dive Bar v. O.P.I. Unfor-Greta-Bly Blue
Essie Dive Bar
There is so much to this color that doesn't show in pictures!  It's a dark black brown jelly with blue, green and purple shifting shimmer.  I used two coats for full coverage.
Two coats Essie Dive Bar
O.P.I. Unfor-Greta-Bly Blue
I love this!  So gorgeous!  It's a sheer blue polish with blue shimmer.  Semi-streaky.  Two coats are perfect.
Two coats O.P.I. Unfor-Greta-Bly Blue
The bottle shots look much more similar than when the polish is actually on.
Here is Essie Dive Bar on my pointer and ring; O.P.I. Unfor-Greta-Bly Blue on middle and point; no tops again.
One coat Essie Dive Bar on pointer and ring;
One coat O.P.I. Unfor-Greta-Bly Blue on middle and pinky
I got Essie at Wal-Mart and O.P.I. at Ulta.

Hope y'all liked my comparisons!  

I think I'm going to stop doing my Wasted Wednesday posts =\ I always end up forgetting to do it then have to rush at the last second.  

*-*-*-*-*
Follow me on IG @nauti_mermaid
Follow me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment