Sunday, January 20, 2013

Quickie One Color Gradient Tutorial

Hi lovelies!  I had a lot of positive feedback about my last mani (the successful one lol), so I wanted to show my technique.

First, gather all your supplies:
Polish Remover
Base Color (Sinful Colors Snow Me White)
Makeup Sponges
Gradient Color(s) (China Glaze A Rose Among Thorns [pink/red] & Sun Worshiper [yellow/orange])
Cleanup Supplies (Orange Sticks, Brushes, & Polish Remover Pen)

Step 1 Paint your nails a base color.  Let it dry completely.  I didn't let my pointer dry, and the base came off on the sponge.  No bueno :(
Step 2 Paint the base color and gradient color onto the makeup sponge.  Paint the base color at the top of the sponge and the gradient color under it.  
Step 3 Dab the sponge onto your nail.  Dab in slightly different places to blend the colors on your nail. 
Then clean up using your tools.  Putting tape around your nail works great, but I am currently out of tape, so you get to see the mess!
Step 4 Paint the gradient color on the bottom of the makeup sponge.  Dab on the very tip of your nail.  This way, the color will be darkest there.

Repeat Step 3 to get rid of the harsh line.
Step 5 Clean and seal with a topcoat.

No comments:

Post a Comment