Friday, January 18, 2013

Hibiscus Martini and Gradient Mani Fail/Redemption

Hello lovelies!  Happy Friday :)  Sorry I completely forgot about my Wasted Wednesday post.  I stayed home sick on Tuesday and got sucked in to watching the whole first season of American Horror Story. Anyways, I have a GREAT drink recipe (similar to last weeks) and some nail fail/redemption pics.

To make a Hibiscus Pom Martini,
You’ll Need:
Absolut Hibiskus
Stirrings Pomegranate Mixer
Stirrings Pomegranate Sugar
Ice

Make It!
Rim a glass with the sugar.  Combine one shot vodka with two shots mixer.  Shake in a glass with ice. Strain into sugar rimmed glass.

This tastes JUST like a Passion Tea Lemonade from Starbucks.  LOVE it!  And the vodka bottle is pretty; so that’s a plus.

Gradient Nail FAIL and Redemption
I started out with this great idea in my head.  I was going to attempt a gradient that looked like a sunset.  I started with China Glaze Peachy Keen as the base.  Gorgeous right?!  Well, that was the prettiest it’s gonna get.  lol
Two coats China Glaze Peachy Keen
China Glaze Peachy Keen, Escaping Reality
and Japanese Koi (neon)
I tried to do the gradient with ChG Escaping Reality (pink) and Japanese Koi (neon) (orange).  Ehhhh it didn’t look as good as I envisioned it.  I would have suffered through it, but I was out from work one day so I decided to attempt again.
Julep Eileen and
China Glaze Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
Julep Eileen and
China Glaze Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
This one was MUCH better.  I only used one color (ChG Yellow Polka Dot Bikini) over Julep Eileen.  It’s really hard for me to explain if you don’t know the method for gradients.  I am hoping to do a tutorial one of these days.  Not like I’m an expert, obviously, but the way I did it worked for me.  In a nutshell, follow these steps:
Paint your nails a base color (Julep Eileen) and let it dry completely.
On a makeup sponge, apply the base color and the gradient color.
Dab the sponge on the nail.  Be sure to dab the sponge in different areas of the nail, in order to blend the colors (so you don’t get such a harsh color line like my first attempt).
Turn the sponge over and paint some of the gradient color (ChG Yellow Polka Dot Bikini) onto it. 
Dab this on the very tip of the nail to give full color coverage.
Flip the sponge back over to blend once more.
Let dry briefly.  Seal with a topcoat to smooth sponge marks.

Like I said, it’s a little hard to explain without step-by-step. I will try to do one ASAP. 
I’ve only attempted gradients probably about three times.  This is the best I’ve done and I’m very proud of these babies :D

*-*-*-*-*
Follow me on IG @Nauti_Mermaid
Follow me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment