Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Swatch Tuesday! Free For All


Hello Lovelies!  This Swatch Tuesday is definitely a free for all.  I have a crazy insane number of untrieds, so I am going to attempt to do at least five swatches per post until I get that number down considerably.  Yikes!  Next time, I’ll stick with a color theme or something, because this is all over the place lol :P

China Glaze First Mate and Sally Hansen Mermaid’s Tale
This China Glaze is great!  I think I like the brand now.  They’ve sufficiently redeemed themselves after that crappy experience I had with my first bottle of For Audrey.  First Mate is a deep navy blue crème polish that was perfect with one coat. 
One coat China Glaze First Mate
Sally Hansen Mermaid’s Tale is just gorgeous!  AND it’s a complete dupe for Deborah Lippman’s Across the Universe.  It’s a dark blue jelly base with micro blue hex glitter and medium green and blue hex glitters.  It was good with one coat, but of course, mo glittah is mo betta, so I did two :)
Two coats Sally Hansen Mermaid's Tale
over one coat China Glaze First Mate
Two coats Sally Hansen Mermaid's Tale
over one coat China Glaze First Mate
I bought First Mate at Sally Beauty Supply and Mermaid’s Tale at Target. 

L’Oreal Crazy for Chic
Crazy for Chic is a gorgeous dark pink crème polish.  WOW!  Not blue! Haha I had to force myself to pick some other colors ;)  I was kinda ehh about the L’Oreal polish before, but I totally love this!  It’s really girly and beautiful.  This is two thin coats.  I had no application issues. 
Two coats L'Oreal Crazy for Chic
Two coats L'Oreal Crazy for Chic
Two coats L'Oreal Crazy for Chic
I also bought Crazy for Chic at Target.

Disturbed Polish CatBox (I renamed mine caTTTbox; if you follow me on instagram, you know why)
Ohhh my lordies!  What a glitter packed bottle of awesomesauceness!  CatBox has a clear base packed with iridescent little glitters and tons of black shreds.  I layered two thin coats over one coat of Essie Boxer Shorts.  No application issues, the only thing about this is the smell.  I'd definitely do your nails outside if you use it.  I’m exiled to the garage or patio when I paint my nails anyways, so it wasn’t a problem for me. 
Two coats Disturbed Polish CatBox
over one coat Essie Boxer Shorts
Two coats Disturbed Polish CatBox
over one coat Essie Boxer Shorts
Two coats Disturbed Polish CatBox
over one coat Essie Boxer Shorts
You can find Disturbed Polish online in the Disturbing Behavior store.  $6.75 for a full sized bottle (price will be increasing to $7.00 on February 1st, but that’s still on the cheap end for indies.  The polish really is great quality, so it’s worth it!).  I also highly recommend purchasing some cuticle oil while you’re there.  Amazing stuff!  I have a teensy little container of the whipped vanilla that Annette graciously sent me.  They are $3.50 in her shop.  It really is awesome!  Smells so great and is so soft and creamy!  I use it about three times a week at night (because I always forget to put my moisturizing gloves on at bedtime), but I can really tell a difference in my cuticles. 

Liquid Glam Lacquer Hollywood
Look!  More pink!! Haha.  Hollywood has a sheer pink jelly base with just a hint of small gold and orange glitter.  I quickly swatched one coat so you can see how sheer it is. 
One coat Liquid Glam Lacquer Hollywood
no undies
I had no application issues and it dried pretty quick.  I layered two thin coats over one coat of Essie Mod Square
Two coats Liquid Glam Lacquer Hollywood
over Essie Mod Square
Two coats Liquid Glam Lacquer Hollywood
over Essie Mod Square
Check out Liquid Glam Lacquer’s Etsy Shop.  Full sized bottles go for $8.25.

Varnish Vixen Out of Touch
Had to end it with a blue! This polish has been calling me to try it out for a while.  What a gorgeous color!  Seriously.  Out of Touch has a sheer shimmery blue base with small and medium gold hex glitters.  Again I quickly swatched one coat alone so you can see how it looks.
One coat Varnish Vixen Out of Touch
no undies
Application was great, I didn’t have to fish to get any glitters.  This is one coat Out of Touch over one coat Sinful Colors Aquamarine (at least I think that's the name, I'd look, but my whole polish stash is currently in a box, and I am NOT looking through that thing right now!!). 
Two coats Varnish Vixen Out of Touch
over one coat Sinful Colors Aquamarine
Two coats Varnish Vixen Out of Touch
over one coat Sinful Colors Aquamarine
Two coats Varnish Vixen Out of Touch
over one coat Sinful Colors Aquamarine
Visit Varnish Vixen’s Etsy Shop where full sized bottles sell for $8.50.  Both times I’ve ordered from this shop, I’ve received a free mini bottle with my order.  Love that little surprise :)

Okayyy!  Did you stick with me through all that?  I promise I’ll stick with a theme next time.  Like all one brand, or color, or something.  I just went bottle crazy and grabbed whatever looked pretty.  ;)

Notice anything about my pics??  I hope you do!  They're like 24695894750289 million times better because I got a REAL light box from Amazon!  Chicka-chicka-yeahhh *McLovin’ Voice* lol this thing is amazeballz!  No more crappy ass pics from my sorry attempt at a DIY light box!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment