Friday, May 31, 2013

"Kelly Sucks" Month-in-Review Post

LOL guys what the hell?! I can NEVER keep up with posting my nail art!! So, heres a shit ton:

First I tried another half-moon mani!
I started out with China Glaze Pool Party as the base...
I got bored and put it under a black light because, somewhat like Jenna Marbles' neighbor, maybe I enjoy one-girl raves in my apartment.
Then I wore it out with my schmexay baby octopus ring.
Then I actually got around to the nail art part:
By now, y'all know I'm super OCD with my nails, and this wasn't PERFECT, so I added holo to make it less terrible.

And then it was perfect.

I did a Nauti Neon Mani using Make It Stick decals:
[China Glaze Yellow Polka Dot Bikini over SH White On; accent SH Onyx]

I did a quick mani using Hard Candy Piece of Papaya.  A while back I saw The Lacquerologist post about the new HC polishes and I had to have some....
Gorgeous color.  HATED the cleanup.  There is SO much shimmer/flakies that it got all over my fingers/cuticles.  I'm really not a messy polish applier, seriously.  But I had shimmer up to my knuckles!! What in the world?! I like it, but I don't want to wear it again for that reason :[

I decided to give bar glitter another try...
and remembered why I loathe it so.
Rockstar Polish Punk Rock Barbie was my first ever indie glitter.  Oh when I was young and dumb.  I. HATE. BAR. GLITTER. PERIOD END OF STORY. FOR.EV.ER. 
HOWEVER: I really loved this color combo [Essie Boxer Shorts is the base], so I did this mani.  And immediately regretted it.  Bar glitter doesn't cooperate with me.  It doesn't lay flat on my nail then snags on everything and scratches me ;[ WITH two coats of Seche!!

After that mani, I realized I had large talons...
 So I filed them back to normal and slapped on some Julep Oxygen Treatment.

I rediscovered a gorgeous Zoya polish I had [Maura] and loved how it matched my geranium.
Still with me?! Almost done!

And finally a Mermaid-y Mani using Essie Naughty Nautical [HOW perfect?!], Orly Jealous, Much? and Sparkling Garbage with a MIS nail decal.
WHEW!! CLEARLY I suck at blogging now, so I suggest y'all follow me on instagram if you don't already!! [@nauti_mermaid] I always post there the minute I have a mani done.

As usual, follow me on Pinterest too!

No comments:

Post a Comment