Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Different Dimension * You've Got A Friend in Me Set & Black Dahlia

A couple weeks ago I filled out a blogger survey for Different Dimension and prayed to the nail polish gods that I would be a lucky blogger that was chosen to review some of Missi's wonderful creations.  Looks like my polish voodoo worked!  haha I was sent the You've Got a Friend in Me set and Black Dahlia.

The You've Got a Friend in Me polish is obviously Toy Story inspired.  First I have a swatch of Reach For The Sky.  It has a yellow crelly base with small ruby hex and circle, medium yellow square, small and medium clear iridescent hex, and a ton of small clear iridescent shred glitters.  I layered two coats over one coat of Milani Yellow Whiz and sealed with Out The Door topcoat.
Different Dimension Reach for the Sky
Two coats Different Dimension Reach for the Sky
over one coat Milani Yellow Whiz
I'm not the biggest fan of yellow polish, but this one is definitely cute!  Great application.  There was tons of glitter on the brush each time.  I do wish there were a little more circle glitters.  I can't get enough of those!

Next is To Infinity and Beyond!  It's a clear based polish with TONS of glitters: white rectangle, medium purple and green holo hex, small green and purple holo hex, and large translucent neon green hex.  Oh yeah, and it glows!
Different Dimension To Infinity and Beyond!
Different Dimension To Infinity and Beyond!
over one coat SH White On
Different Dimension To Infinity and Beyond!
over one coat SH White On
under black light
Different Dimension To Infinity and Beyond!
glowing
Just OMG this polish is SO Buzz Lightyear lol I did two coats TI&B over one coat of Sally Hansen White On [which, as an aside, is my new favorite white polish!].  It would have been fine with just one coat; this polish is a complete glitter bomb.  I topped with OTD because it got a little gritty as it dried [I have found this is common with all glow polish].  Looks neat under a black light too, yenno, if you constantly have one-man raves at your house haha

And finally from the polish I was sent: Black Dahlia. I have to defer to the polsih listing to properly describe it: "a black leaning greyish purple scattered holographic polish with hints of different colors reflected in the light, it also has micro iridescent glitters in it. It looks amazing by itself or layered over other colors."
To steal my Nail Bestie Twin's word, this is a hologasm!!! It looks like a Color Club, the holo is THAT strong.  It's color-shifty between black and purple and charcoal grey.  The iridescent glitters change from green to purple to blue to yellow.  It's just pure ridiculousness in the best possible way!  Sorry for the flood of pictures, it just looks different in every light and angle.
Different Dimension Black Dahlia
Two coats Different Dimension Black Dahlia
Two coats Different Dimension Black Dahlia
Two coats Different Dimension Black Dahlia
Two coats Different Dimension Black Dahlia
blurred 
Two coats Different Dimension Black Dahlia
blurred 
I did two coats Black Dahlia, no undies, and topped with Seche Vite.  I really am speechless about this polish!  I originally thought I would have to layer it over black, but it was just perfect on its own.  Smooth formula; it took a while longer than I care to let it dry [Queen of Impatience], but SV fixed that problem.

Go check out Different Dimension online and get you some amazing indie polish!  Fun Fact: Social Suicide by DD kicked off my indie addiction!

*-*-*-*-*
Follow me on Pinterest and IG @nauti_mermaid



No comments:

Post a Comment