Saturday, July 13, 2013

Stardust Polish * The Grape Gatsby, Sun Drops, Cloud 9, & Royalty Reviews


Hellllllo Love Bugs!  I’m back with more swatches of Stardust Polish!  Yayayayay!  First off, let me just say, again, that Drema is THE Holo Queen!  I will be reviewing three holos and one glitter jelly.  Let’s get into it!

First is The Grape Gatsby.  It’s a dark purple jelly base with different sized white hex glitters.  There is also a smattering (9th grade vocab word!) of bluish iridescent glitter.  I used three coats, no undies, sealed with OTD topcoat.  No issues with application.  I had plenty of glitter on the brush without fishing.  Dry time was good.
Three coats Stardust Polish The Grape Gatsby
On to the holo!  This is Sun Drops from the “A Day at the Beach” collection.  I’m very persnickety (hell yeah, more vocab!) with my yellow polish selection; I own less than 10.  This one is now in my top three favorites!  Sun Drops is a crelly yellow polish with a weak linear holo effect (more scattered; but then again, the sun was not my friend the days I swatched).    The color looks slightly orange in some lights, which I really enjoyed.  Application was ok; I had issues with my brushes* which I will address below.  I used three coats, no undies.  Dry time was quick.  I topped off with SV, but the polish was almost dry by the time I put it on. 
Three coats Stardust Polish Sun Drops;
indoor light
Three coats Stardust Polish Sun Drops;
sun
Three coats Stardust Polish Sun Drops;
TL - outside, cloudy;
all others - sun
Next we have Cloud 9 also from “A Day at the Beach”.  This is another crelly based weak linear/scattered holo polish.  I can’t remember now if I did two or three coats; I want to say three, no undies.   I sealed with Seche again.  Same brush  issue.
Three coats Stardust Polish Cloud 9;
indoor light
Three coats Stardust Polish Cloud 9;
sun
I did a little comparison with Stardust Polish I’m So Blue from the Feelings Collex that I previously swatched. 
Cloud 9 vs. I’m So Blue:
To read my review on I’m So Blue, click here.
Cloud 9 is more of a jelly based polish.  The color is a shade or two darker than I’m So Blue.  I’m So Blue has a stronger linear holo effect and is more opaque than Cloud 9.  Pictured is three (or two) coats Cloud 9 and only one coat of I’m So Blue.

And here we have the best (in my opinion) for last!  Revel in the glory of Stardust Polish Royalty!!  OMG I literally squealed with excitement when I saw this little baby in may package from Drema.  I’ve had my eye on it since she first posted her swatch pics, and I still plan to purchase a full size bottle.  
Three coats Stardust Polish Royalty;
indoor light
Three coats Stardust Polish Royalty;
indoor light
Royalty is a deep purple jelly with a great linear holo effect (AND the sun cooperated for my pictures!!).  Again, three coats, no undies, sealed with SV.  It wears great (I painted them Wednesday, it’s now Friday night and have no chippage (minus a broken nail – *sob*)/tip wear.  Doesn’t seem like an overly long time, but I was digging through files at work, so I’m happy with them lasting!)  Good application.
Three coats Stardust Polish Royalty;
sun
Three coats Stardust Polish Royalty;
sun
On to the brush issue:  in all my holo minis, the brush was curved, sort of like a spoon.  I know these mini bottles are a different style from prior polishes I've received, so that may have something to do with it.  I brought it up to Drema and she assured me she checks all brushes before sending and all in my package were A-OK.  She also told me a lot of the brushes in her shipment this time were badly bent/damaged and that she would be contacting her supplier. 
As you see, I can obviously still apply the polish, it’s just a matter of finding the sweet spot (does everyone know what I mean by that, or am I the only one??  When you hold the brush a certain way, the bristles line up perfectly and hold just enough polish to give amazing application??  Idk maybe I’m weird.)  Anyways, once I got over that little hump, application was just fine. 

Overall, love the polish as usual.  Amazing quality holos.

Wanna get your paws on some Stardust Polish?  The shop will be fully restocked TODAY, Saturday July 13, at 2pm EST.

No comments:

Post a Comment