Sunday, August 4, 2013

Julep Maven August 2013 Bombshell Box

Whee Julep!  Today I have swatches of Julep's August 2013 Bombshell Maven Box.  In the box this month was Bea, Lacey, Double Step Foot Treatment & Friction Stick, and some Forget Me Not seeds! It's Julep's two year Maven Box-iversary, so us Mavens got a cute little package.

I switched my style to Bombshell this month.  I'm usually Boho Glam, but I thought the colors were similar to some I already had.  First up is a swatch of Lacey.
I only needed one coat of Lacey for full coverage. Its a deep blue with a slight purple shimmer.  Dry time was incredibly fast!  Application was great.  Sometimes with shimmer polish I can see the the brus lines.  I didn't have that issue here.
Julep Lacey
I might have to do another comparison post soon!  This looks verrrry similar to Essie Dive Bar to me :]

Next is Julep Bea.  It's a gorgeous lemonade creme polish.  I was not so happy with this polish.  Application was alright.  It was sort of streaky with the first coat.  When I waited for it to dry to do the second coat, to my extreme disappointment, it was still tacky (probably 10 minutes later).  I did a second coat anyway and topped with Seche Vite to speed up the drying.  Of course, major shrinkage occurred very quickly (you may be able to see in my nail art).
Julep Bea
The goodie product in this month's box was the Double Step Foot Treatment & Friction Stick.  This product contains chili pepper oil to promote circulation and shea butter to moisturize and prevent blistering! I only use mine at night because I mostly wear flip flops, so I don't need "friction protection" lol.  I love it.  It smells great and there is a little tingly feeling from the chili oil.  

As you know, I recently ordered some Winstonia stamping plates.  I have just been itching to do stamps, so here ya go!
Moustache and Glitter Nails
I used Julep Bea as the base.  The stamp is from Winstonia plate W109 stamped with Julep Lacey with a glitter accent of Rainbow Honey Koi Pond.  

If you want to become a Julep Maven, click here to read more about it!  If you decide you want to join, please use my referral link HERE because sharing is caring :]

*-*-*-*-*
Don't forget to follow me on Pinterest and IG @nauti_mermaid

No comments:

Post a Comment