Friday, March 8, 2013

Moscato Spritzer and Random Nail Art

Well shoot guys!  I'm out of practice!  Completely forgot about my usual Friday post so I'm scrambling to write this quickly.

Today I have this simple drink recipe that I found on Pinterest.  To make a Moscato Spritzer,

You'll Need:
Moscato [Barefoot brand is my favoritest of all]
OJ
Cranberry Juice

Make It!
This recipe only calls for one ounce of wine with 1/2 oz each of OJ & cranberry juice.  I don't know about you, but that's what I'd call a shot.  So lets step this up a tad, shall we??  Fill your glass with a few glugs of wine...about half full.  Then add OJ & cranberry to taste.  We make big girl drinks around these parts!  lol

Random Nail Arts!
In my new found freedom of polishing my nails whenever I want, I have been stepping up my nail art [yay!].  Below are a few designs I'm particularly proud of :)

First, I have a successful kick ass blue to purple gradient* topped with glittahhhh!  I used Essie Bikini So Teeny as the blue base and phased into L'Oreal Royalty Reinvented then topped with China Glaze Make a Spectacle.  I did these with my polish buddy Katie [as in nail polish...not actually Polish] for the Bestie Twin Nail tag on IG.
*my quick gradient tutorial found here.
Next is a schweeeeet nude holographic and bright red freehanded leopard print mani.  I used Color Club Cherubic as the nude base, and China Glaze Hey Sailor as the red base.  I dotted with the same and used Sally Hansen Onyx for the black.  Also did this look for BTN with Katie.
On to the mints!  I REALLY like mint lately!  I used China Glaze Re-Fresh Mint and Color Club Harp On It for this mani.  I was attempting chevrons for the NailArtMar challenge by @californails on IG.  This was my first ever "chevron" attempt.  I don't think this should actually qualify as chevron, but whatever.  It turned out decent enough.  I used painter's tape [frog tape] to make the triangles.  
Lastly, for BTN and the NailArtMar [stripes], I did mint base with gold zebra stripes.  I used Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet, stamped with Essie Good As Gold [Bundle Monster stamp plate BM-223].  On the accent nail I used Black Cat Lacquer Doomsday [or as I call it: #HOLYSHITBALLZANDGLITTER].  

Okay y'all!  Enjoy your weekend!  Next Friday I hope to include a mocktail drink as well for all the youngins, pregos, or non-alcoholics...whatever your situation may be!  ;P 


No comments:

Post a Comment