Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Swatch Tuesday! Julep Maven March Bombshell Box & Lavish Polish


Well hello, hello, hell-ooh-ooh-o!!  I’m back!  Did you guys miss me??  I sure missed you!  [Unless you’re on IG & I was there the whole time ;P]  So. Today I have some of the best polish I’ve ever received in the Julep Maven boxes.  ANNNND some really funky unique indie polish by Lavish Polish.

I’ve been kinda ehhh about my Julep subscription for a while.  They really turned me off after that stupid crackle polish in October [I’ve probably talked about it a lot…but I forget these things].  After this month, they completely redeemed themselves!  I think I will permanently switch my Maven Style to Bombshell.  I used to get the American Beauty boxes, but now that is retired.  The new box [Modern Beauty] includes NO polish, only beauty products.  Meh.  Give me the polish!!  As I was looking through the other styles, the pastel pistachio color caught my eye. As you may know, I have been literally lusting over Lime Crime Pastelchio for like…EVER!  This isn’t the same, but it’ll do until I can squash my lemming for Lime Crime whenever they finally restock [estimated April 1 per the Lime Crime site...April Fool's?  I hope not!!]. 

Julep Adrianna is a light pastel pistachio [say that five times fast] green that is absolutely gorgeous for Spring/Easter.  It was a tad streaky with the first coat; perfect with two.  Great creamy formula.  It looks a bit greener in person; my light box kinda makes it look more yellow than it really is.
Two coats Julep Adrianna
Next from the Julep Maven March Bombshell box is Minnie, a darker pastel coral [salmon?  I don’t know the distinction between those two – they look the same to me] with a hint of pink to gold to orange shifting shimmer.  This was also streaky with the first coat.  Less so than Adrianna, but it still needed a second coat for full coverage.  You can't see the shimmer in pictures and it drives me crazy! 
Two coats Julep Minnie
Now for the funky indie polish!  First up is Lavish Polish One Eyed Monster. I layered two coats of this intense glitter bomb over China Glaze In The Lime Light.  This is a great combo for St. Patty’s Day!  In The Lime Light is an almost neon polish with some pearly shimmer.  It dries quickly to a waxy matte finish [I’m LOVING that look lately]. 
Two coats China Glaze In The Lime Light
One Eyed Monster is p-a-c-k-e-d, jam packed, full, overfloweth, stuffed, [you get it] with medium sized emerald green and clear iridescent glitters in a clear base.  You can’t even tell there’s a base when it’s in the bottle; it just looks like a bottle of glitter lol :P  Easy application; tons of glitter on the brush each time.
Two coats Lavish Polish One Eyed Monster
over ChG In The Lime Light
Now.  The awesomest of awesome: Lavish Polish Clown Party.  Okay.  As soon as I saw this on Tiana’s nails [@pandasnails on IG], I went right to Lavish Polish’s Etsy and bought it.  It was THAT cool guys!  Clown Party is funky and pretty and gives you a weird feeling [like clowns] and it sucks you in!  It has a weird greenish white crelly base with all sorts of funky glitters. There’s small matte neon yellowish green, pastel blue, medium pastel purple, large matte pinkish red, and huge pastel blue glitters.  Just what?!  It totally makes you feel weird [in a good way], I don’t know how else to describe it. 
Two coats Lavish Polish Clown Party
over Julep Adrianna
I layered two coats of Lavish Polish Clown Party over two coats of JulepAdrianna.  The base of CP matches Adrianna perfectly.  I have seen it layered over white as well.  The application was a tad difficult.  There was a lot of shaking and rolling and fishing involved, but that is to be expected for the larger glitters. 

Check out Lavish Polish on Etsy where most full sized bottles are $8.00, and keep up on IG, @LavishPolish!
If you’re interested in becoming a Julep Maven, click my referral link [here], take the quiz to determine your Maven Style and enter the code "4993142" at sign up.  You can receive about $40 worth of products each month for only $20!  AND it’s virtually commitment free!  You can skip months, switch your style every month, or cancel any time you want.  At least give it a try!

Okay Lovelies!  See you Friday for some nail art!  Woooo :]
*-*-*-*-*
Follow me on Pinterest [@miss_best] and IG [@nauti_mermaid]!

No comments:

Post a Comment