Monday, April 15, 2013

Catch Up Post! Vintage Roses, Neon Gradient & [Early] Swatch Tuesday!

Clearly I suck at keeping up with my posts on here.  I'm so used to posting on IG all the time as soon as I'm done with my manis :( Anyways, I FINALLY attempted vintage roses that turned out VERY successful in my opinion!
Vintage Roses
Vintage Roses
I used a crazy amount of nail polish for this.  Ya ready?
Yellow Base: Milani Yellow Whiz
Roses: Essie Mod Square, Cascade Cool, and Fiji
Leaves: Essie Pretty Edgy and Navigate Her
Pink Holo Accent Nail: Color Club Miss Bliss topped with Milani Jewel FX Hot Pink
When I get a little better I hope to do a tutorial for this look! 

I also did a kick ass neon gradient!
I used China Glaze Yellow Polka Dot Bikini and Japanese Koi over SC Snow Me White.
ChG Neon Gradient 
ChG Neon Gradient
ChG Neon Gradient
Like my sweet new black light?!
Gradient vs. Ombre: What the Fuck is the Difference??  IS there a fucking difference?
The answer is YES THERE IS A DIFFERENCE!  and no its not because ombre is a trendy hipster term.  Damn hipsters.
I digress.
The difference between a gradient and ombre is as follows:
**********
Gradient uses two or more DIFFERENT colors...such as mine above.
Ombre uses different shades of the SAME color...such as fading from light green to dark green.
Think of it like this: GradienT, differenT; OmbrE, samE
**********
Annnnnd it IS Swatch Tuesday after all [tomorrow], so enjoy this swatch of SC Dream On.
Two coats Sinful Colors Dream On
Two coats Sinful Colors Dream On
I did two coats Dream On, no undies, no tops.  Its a beautiful vivid purple that dries squishy-matte.  I am so in love!  BUT it chips so easy!  I did this late Sunday night and I had three fingers chip before I even got to work at 8:30 this morning! :(  I'm sure it had to do with the fact I didn't topcoat it, but I loved the matte look.

So apparently I can't stick to a certain "schedule" with my manis and posting, so I'm just going to post on my blog as I do my nails.  I'll still do drinks [obviously ... TIPSY Tips lol] but it might just not be specifically on Friday any more.  And Swatch Tuesday might happen on a Monday or something.  We shall see.  Life is hard when I have to decide between cooking myself dinne [or like, showering or drooling over Don Draper on Mad Men] and doing my nails

As usual: follow me on Pinterest & IG [@nauti_mermaid].

No comments:

Post a Comment