Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Swatch Tuesday! Stardust Polish Summer Cocktails Collection

Hello Loves!  Today I have the whole Summer Cocktails Collection by Stardust Polish up for review :]  The amazingly sweet Drema, maker of Stardust Polish sent me all these babies to swatch and review <3  Don't they just look good enough to drink?  Well don't! She sent along cocktail recipes for that! [how perfect is she?!]
Brace yourselves: this is a LONG post! lol but you're getting FIVE cocktail recipes on a Tuesday - so I'm making up for not posting last Friday.

Stardust Polish Summer Cocktails Collection
First up is Spiked Lemonade.  Its got a shimmer crelly canary yellow base with small orange hex, light and dark pink circle glitters.  I did three coats, no undies, no top coat.  The formula was really smooth and  application was great.  I didn't have to fish for glitters at all.  Dry time was fast.
Three coats Stardust Polish Spiked Lemonade
To make Spiked Lemonade
You'll Need:
2 1/4 cups Sugar
5 cups Water, divided
1 tbsp grated Lemon Zest
1 3/4 cups Lemon Juice
1 cup Light Rum or Vodka
Ice

Make It! 
In a large sauce pan, combine 1 cup water, sugar, and lemon zest.  Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.  Remove from heat.  Stir in lemon juice and remaining water.  Pour into 2 quart pitcher and put in fridge to chill.  Stir in rum [vodka] and serve in a glass garnished with a lemon slice.

What a prefect chill-by-the-pool drink and mani!  Match your nails to your drink.  Love it :]

Neeeext is Kerasi.  Its got a shimmery peach base packed with small red square and orange hex, medium yellow hex and light pink circle glitters.  So so pretty!  This one was a tad streaky, some nails were good with two coats, but I did three just for the sake of even-ness.  No undies, I topped with Out The Door Top Coat to seal the glitter.  It had a good dry time [even before I used OTD].
Three coats Stardust Polish Kerasi
To make Kerasi
You'll Need:
2 oz Peach Vodka
1 oz Cherry Juice
1/2 oz Peach Liqueur
1/2 oz Cherry Brandy
1/2 oz Lemon Juice
Sparkling Wine
Ice

Make It!
Shake all ingredients over ice and strain into a champagne flute [mmm fancay!].  Top with wine and garnish with a cherry.

I've never heard of this but boy does it sound good! 

Next [one of my favorites] Sea Mist.  This polish has a gorgeous sheer shimmery mint base with light mint medium hex and small bright red hex glitters.  I did three coats, no undies, sealed with OTD.  This also had great dry time.
Three coats Stardust Polish Sea Mist
I liked this so much, so I decided to pair it with Golden Afternoon sent to me by Drema from her first Alice in Wonderland Collex.  I used two coats of Essie Turquoise & Caicos topped with one coat Sea Mist.
One coat Stardust Polish Sea Mist over two coats Essie Turquoise and Caicos
with Stardust Polish Golden Afternoon as a double accent nail
To make a Sea Mist
You'll Need:
1 oz Coconut Rum
1 oz Triple Sec
1 oz Pineapple Juice
Splash Blue Curacao
Ice

Make It!
Shake all ingredients with ice.  Strain into a glass and garnish with a maraschino cherry. 

Easy Peasy!  I want one of these NOW! 

Now we've got Pink Bikini.  This is a great neon pink jelly polish with a hint of holo dust.  I can't remember now if I did three or four coats.  I think three.  But its a super sheer base that would be great for a jelly sammich.  It dried to a semi waxy finish, which I LOVE! I need to re-do this mani and wear it out in the sun to show off the holo.  I swatched this at night, so I only have my light box pic [sad face].  Dry time was fast on this also.  Great smooth application.  I didn't use undies or a top coat.  My picture really doesn't so this picture justice.  Just imagine a pink highlighter, and you almost have the color :]
Three [maybe four] coats Stardust Polish Pink Bikini
To make a Pink Bikini
You'll Need:
6 oz Raspberry Lemonade
1 1/2 oz Rum
1 oz Amaretto
Ice

Make It!
Shake ingredients in a shaker glass and strain over ice.

Annnnndddd last but not least Blue Lagoon.  It glows guys!!!  Blue Lagoon is a medium blue polish with a hint of pearl shimmer.  Great application.  Usually glow polish is matte and chalky, but not this.  Like I said on IG, its a glossy matte, if such a thing exists.  There is just the slightest amount of texture in this polish too.  I did two coats, no undies, no tops.  I charged this up under my desk light for 60 seconds to get this glow.  It is very bright - my phone camera didn't capture it too well.
Two coats Stardust Polish Blue Lagoon 
Two coats Stardust Polish Blue Lagoon - glow

To make a Blue Lagoon
You'll Need:
1 oz Vodka
1 oz Blue Curacao 
4 oz Lemonade
Ice

Make It!
Fill a glass with ice and add ingredients in order from vodka to lemonade.  Garnish with a cherry and a slice of lemon.

Overall, this collection was much improved from the Alice in Wonderland collex.  Not that the first one was bad, I really enjoyed those polishes, but the formulas on the Summer Cocktails polishes are so much better.  Very creative glitter mixes too; I love that small circle glitters were incorporated.  And who doesn't want to add a neon and glow polish to their collection?


Visit Stardust Polish's shop where polish prices for the Summer Cocktails Collection range from $6.75 to $7.50.  Be sure to follow @StardustPolish on IG for updates and sales! 

*-*-*-*-*
Follow me on Pinterest and IG @nauti_mermaid

1 comment:

  1. This is such an awesome idea! I love your cocktail and mani posts. I actually want to match my mani's to my drinks now! :)

    ReplyDelete